Short-Sale & Pre-Foreclosure
We understand that no one wants to loose their home. Although we are in the business of selling real estate, this is our way of giving back to our community. We've included any information we felt our own family members should or would want to know about.
The possibility of loosing your home is a stressful and scary moment in any one's life and it is happening to so many of our friends and neighbors. Most of us do not want to ask for help because it is an embarrassing subject which is difficult to discuss with our friends and family. So who do you ask? Who do you go to for help?
As in any relationship, communication is the key in resolving or understanding any issue. We give you information to better understand what’s going on, provide you with helpful information and alternatives, or at least give you contacts who may assist you in making the best decisions for your family. Do not ignore the letters and phone calls from your lender. As painful and time consuming as it may be, answer their phone calls and respond to their letters. Most lenders, especially in this economy, have programs in place and are willing to work with you if you communicate with them. Be calm, be patient and open to discussing your situation. Do not abandon your home. If you move out, foreclosure proceedings will move more swiftly.
To be prepared for the phone call, collect your financial information and share it with your lender. With this information they are more likely able to help you. They will want to know:
- Why you are having trouble making your payments
- When you will be able to bring your mortgage current
- Do you plan to keep your home or are you trying to sell it
- Is your shortfall situation short or long term
- What is your current income
- Details of your monthly expenses – utilities, insurance, credit card payments, car payments, education…
- Do you have any other sources of income?
- Can family or friends help you through this tight situation?
"The Spouses that Sell Houses"
West Ventura County
Oxnard, CA 93036